A consent option is available at the bottom of the player registration form, if required.
INFORMED CONSENT AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT
WARNING! By signing this document you will waive certain legal rights, including the right to sue. Please read carefully.
1. This is a binding legal agreement. As a Participant in the sport of ball hockey and the programs, activities and events of the Newfoundland and Labrador Ball Hockey Association and Canadian Ball Hockey Association, the undersigned acknowledges and agrees to the following terms:
2. The Newfoundland and Labrador Ball Hockey Association and Canadian Ball Hockey Association and its directors, officers, committee members, members, employees, volunteers, participants, agents and representatives (collectively the “Organization”) are not responsible for any injury, personal injury, damage, property damage, expense, loss of income or loss of any kind suffered by a Participant during, or as a result of, any program, activity or event of the Organization, caused by the risks, dangers and hazards associated with the programs, activities and events of the Organization.
I have read and agree to be bound by paragraphs 1 and 2.
Discription of Risks
3. I am participating voluntarily in the sport of ball hockey and the activities, events and programs of the Organization. In consideration of my participation in the sport of ball hockey and the programs, activities and events of the Organization, I hereby acknowledge that I am aware of the risks, dangers and hazards associated with or related to the sport of ball hockey and the programs, activities and events of the Organization and may be exposed to such risks, dangers and hazards. The risks, dangers and hazards include, but are not limited to, injuries from:
a. Dryland training including weights, running, and massage;
b. Exerting and stretching various muscle groups and strenuous cardiovascular workouts;
c. Vigorous physical exertion, rapid movements and quick turns and stops;
d. Falling, tumbling or hitting the playing floor, boards, plexy-glass or other surfaces;
e. Falling to the ground due to uneven, slippery or irregular surfaces;
f. Checking, tripping, high-sticking, hooking, holding, interference, punching, slashing or any other physical contact by participants, objects or equipment;
g. Contacting, colliding or being struck by the ball, goal-posts, other individuals, equipment, stands, or benches;
h. Failing to play within one’s abilities and within designated areas;
i. Failure to properly use any piece of equipment;
j. Extreme conditions which may result in heatstroke, hypothermia, heart attack, stroke, dehydration or any other condition that results from being exhausted;
k. Spinal cord injuries which may render me permanently paralyzed; or
l. Travel to and from competitive events and associated non-competitive events which are an integral part of the Organization’s activities.
4. Furthermore, I am aware:
a. That injuries sustained can be severe;
b. That I may experience anxiety while challenging myself during the activities, events and programs;
c. That my risk of injury is reduced if I follow all rules established for participation; and
d. That my risk of injury increases as I become fatigued.
Release of Liability
5. In consideration of the Organization allowing me to participate, I agree:
a. That my physical condition has been verified by a medical doctor to participant in the sport of ball hockey and the activities, events and programs of the Organization;
b. To freely accept and fully assume all such risks, dangers and hazards and possibility of personal injury, death, property damage, expense and related loss, including loss of income, resulting from my participation in such activities, events and programs;
c. To forever release the Organization from any and all liability for any and all claims, demands, actions and costs that might arise out of my participation in the activities, events and programs of the Organization.
I have read and agree to be bound by paragraphs 3-5.
6. I acknowledge that I have read this agreement and understand it, that I have executed this agreement voluntarily, and that this agreement is to be binding upon myself, my heirs, executors, administrators and representatives.